Cast iron stoves are still widely in use today. Aside from heating, cast iron stoves have other practical uses as well. It mainly functions as both a heating system for your home, as well as a cooking stove. It is practical and versatile all at the same time. It is an excellent choice for many households who are tired of increasing electric bills. The following are some tips on how you can maximize the fuel efficiency of a cast iron stove, as well as how to make them last a long time:
- Try to install fans and air ducts so the heat can circulate within your entire home.
- Use air ventilators to get rid of smoke.
- Protect your stove by installing a trivet that will help prevent rust from developing.
- A thermostat will not only maintain the temperature, but it will also promote safety.
- Like a fireplace, consider having a hearth to protect your floor from the heat of the stove.
- Too much heat can chip or even peel the paint off the stove. When repainting the stove, use a high temperature resistant paint to keep the stove looking good.
- Purchase a cast iron stove kit to restore worn out parts, and to keep your stove in peak condition.
- Steel parts should also be replaced if they are damaged or worn.
- Enamel coated stoves are extremely tough but if they do chip, buy filler kits for touch ups.
There are many homeowners who are seriously considering purchasing a cast iron stove. These stoves are a great alternative heating source during winter or fall. They are also effective, environment friendly, and a charming addition to your home. They require only minimal maintenance, and you are sure to love it for many years to come.
Call our CSIA certified pros at Ashbusters Chimney Service in Nashville, TN at 615-833-0349 to learn more about the options that we provide for cast iron stoves, and ask us about the benefits of using a cast iron stove. Also, contact us further to schedule an appointment or to ask us any questions that you might have for us about cast iron stoves and how they operate. Later, connect further with us online at our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, & YouTube) to learn more about our company and have some of your questions answered. Our owner Mark Stoner, has over 35 years experience in the chimney sweep & fireplace industry, and we would love for you to leave a great review online at Google for us. We use that information to improve internally and provide our customers with exceptional service. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.