Storm Damage? Book a Level 2 Inspection
If your home was in the area of the tornadoes, it needs to be inspected, even if it doesn’t appear to be damaged.
It’s easy to think that because your chimney looks fine from the outside then it wasn’t damaged at all by the storm, but that woudn’t be a safe assumption. The majority of your chimney is hidden from the outside and can be easily damaged by strong winds, water, and everything else the tornado brings. We do not suggest using your fireplace or heating appliance until your chimney has been inspected.
Book a Level 2 Inspection
A Level 2 Inspection is what you need to book to have confidence that your system was not damaged.
- Required when any change is made to your system – for example, before the flue is relined, or when you replace an appliance with another of a dissimilar type or efficiency level.
- Required upon the sale or transfer of property.
- Suggested when an operating malfunction or external event is likely to have caused damage to the chimney or appliance.
- Does not require the removal or destruction of permanently attached portions of the chimney or building structure.
- Includes all services appropriate in a Level I inspection, plus the examination of accessible portions of the chimney exterior and interior, including attics crawl spaces and basements.
- Can include a visual inspection by video scanning.
Ready to Schedule?
WHAT TO EXPECT
Whether you call us or we call you back after you submit a scheduling form, you can expect our team to ask you a couple of questions.
Are you representing the home? We get a lot of real-estate managers, property managers and personal assistants that call for homeowners. Knowing who owns the home helps us to accurately save files and information relating to your services.
Have you used us for your appliance before? If so, we have all your past services on file and it speeds up the scheduling process.
Where is your home located? This ensures that you are in our service area.
What kind of appliance are you wanting to be serviced? (wood-burning fireplace, wood-burning stove, gas logs, etc)
How many stories is your home? What is the exterior of your chimney made out of? What do you have on your roof? (metal shingles, terra cotta, etc)
*If you don’t know the answers to these questions, no worries! Our team can help you.
We do not share the pricing of our services on our site. Because each service has multiple variables including the number of flues, the type of appliance, etc we can only give you an accurate price until we fully understand your appliance and the time and materials it will take to be serviced. If you have questions about cost, please call our office and our team is happy to answer any questions. If you are still unsure, please check out our reviews and you can find confidence in our work through our happy customers.