Types of Chimney Caps we Offer
We always recommend that our clients have a chimney cap on top of their chimney. It prevents animals, birds, and insects from building nests, and it prevents debris like trees and branches from entering the chimney. It’s obstructions like these that can cause chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. Besides the reasons for having a chimney cap, I’d like to explore some of the different types of chimney caps, and why they might apply to your individual situation.
- Standard Chimney Cap – This chimney cap is usually mounted on the outside of the chimney flue. It has a side screen that catches large sparks, and keep them from starting a fire on your roof or in your yard.
- Draft Increasing Chimney Cap – This type of cap uses the wind to create greater updraft if your chimney is prone to draftiness.
- Customized Chimney Cap – A customized cap is for chimney that are of a non-standard size.
- Single Flue Chimney Cap – This type of chimney cap is designed for square or small rectangular flues that stick out above the crown.
- Top Mount Chimney Cap – A top mount cap attaches directly to the chimney using screws that go in through a flange and into the crown. These are also used if your flue sticks out a little above the chimney crown.
- Chimney Pot – Another type of chimney topper that is used is the chimney pot. These toppers are used to extend the length of the chimney, thus increasing updraft.
As part of your regular chimney maintenance plan, make sure your chimney cap is regularly inspected. Inclement weather is one thing that can cause damage to the cap. Having a chimney cap and keeping it in good working order will ensure that you have much safe and secure enjoyment of your chimney for years to come. Be sure to check out our Chimney Caps page to see the various types of caps we can install on your chimney.
Additionally, call 615-833-0349 to contact our CSIA certified pros to have us install or repair your chimney cap. We’re ready for your appointment scheduling. Ashbusters Chimney Service in Nashville, TN has over 35 years experience in the chimney sweep & fireplace industry. Trust us to handle any issues related to your chimney cap or installation of your chimney cap. In addition to chimney cap repair and installation our technicians also handle chimney sweeping, inspections, masonry repairs, waterproofing, chimney relining, fireplace repairs, and fireplace inspections. Connect further with us online at our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, & Yelp). Also, when you have the time later, please leave us a great review online at Google. We value all of our reviews from our clients and use them to improve our services. We look forward to hearing from you very soon. Thanks.